Map Molding Support TapeRT Series
RT series is a supporting tape used in the map molding process of QFN and SON. Attaching on the reverse face of a lead frame, it has achieved no flush burr after molding and high productivity in wire bonding. The applications has been expanded to new packages besides QFN and SON.
- Thermoplastic resin with high thermal stability for adhesive layer.
- Good wire bondability.
- No flash burr after molding.
- No Adhesive on a lead frame after detaping.
- Low adhesiveness of the tape at room temperature achieves no dust attachment.
Characteristics (Typical Values)
|Flash burr after molding||–||None||None|
|Residue after detaping||–||None||None|
|Adhesive strength to Ni/Pd/Au||N/m||50||100|
- Heating is required for some lead frames and epoxy molding compounds.