- About Personal Information Protection
About Personal Information Protection
Company name, address, name of representative
Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
GRANTOKYO SOUTH TOWER,
1-9-2, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6606, Japan
Hidehito Takahashi Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.'s Approach to Personal Information Protection
Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. has fixed the personal information protection policy given below, informed executive staff and workers, and is striving to protect personal information appropriately by following this policy.
Definition of Personal Information
For Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd., personal information is information that is related to existing persons and that can be used to identify specific persons (for example, names, birth dates, numbers assigned to individuals, symbols or other marks, images, or voice recordings, and relevant information).
This includes information that cannot be used to identify individuals by itself, but can be used to identify individuals by easy cross-referencing with other data. Personal information is not limited just to information that can identify individuals, but also includes all information that indicates facts, decisions, or evaluations relating to a person's attributes (such as a person's height or build, finances, work type, or position).
Based on the Personal Information Protection Policy given below, Showa Denko Materials Co.,Ltd. will pay detailed attention to, and expend the utmost efforts on, protecting and managing such information.
This "About Personal Information Protection" document establishes the handling of personal customer information by Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
Personal Information Protection Policy of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
- 1.Collecting, Using, and Providing Personal Information
While carefully considering the entrusting of customer information during company activities, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following stipulated rules for collecting, using, or providing personal information.
- 2.Following Laws and Norms
For the handling of personal information, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will follow the Japanese laws and norms applicable to the protection of relevant personal information.
Also, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will create and follow personal information management rules that conform to these laws and norms.
- 3.Implementing Safety Measures
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will implement various measures (such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company, and preventing incorrect access from outside the company), and strive to prevent any problems with personal information (such as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of information).
- 4.Respecting a Person's Rights Regarding His or Her Personal Information
When a customer makes a request to reveal, correct, or delete his or her own personal information, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will respond with sincerity, respecting the customer's rights related to that personal information.
- 5.Establishing Rules for Managing Personal Information Protection, and Making Continual Improvements
Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will steadily establish rules for managing personal information to ensure that such information is used appropriately and is protected. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Purpose of Using Personal Information, and Providing to Third Parties
- 1.Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will use personal information only to achieve the following listed purposes.
- a)To execute contracts between a customer and Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
- b)To contact for discussions or meetings with customers
- c)To provide after-service for products
- d)To send guides for conventions or meetings, or guides for new products
- e)To provide various types of member services
- f)To perform stock-related tasks
- g)To respond to various types of inquiries
- h)To perform analysis to improve products or services, based on surveys
- i)To provide personal information to Showa Denko Materials group companies when Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. co-operates with a Showa Denko Materials group company to carry out some business tasks.
- 2.Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. will not provide customer personal information to a third party without first obtaining consent from the customer, except in the following circumstances:
- a)When required by law
- b)When required to protect human life, to avoid injury, or to protect assets, and when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- c)When required to improve public health or improve the healthy upbringing of children, and when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- d)When required to co-operate with the lawful activities of a national agency, local government organization, or person or organization entrusted with such a task, and obtaining customer consent would interfere, or be likely to interfere, with the carrying out of such activities.
- e)When entrusted with the handling of personal information, in the range of activities required to reach the purpose of the use.
- f)When providing personal information to continue business activities when business-related events such as mergers occur.
- 3.In order to provide customers with information regarding the products and services of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd., its group companies (see https://www.mc.showadenko.com/english/company/group2.html), Showa Denko K.K. and Showa Denko K.K. group companies (see https://www.sdk.co.jp/english/about/network/group.html), or to use the information for sales promotion purposes, the Company may share the following information with the Company's group companies listed on the Company's website, Showa Denko K.K., or Showa Denko K.K.'s group companies: Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, company (organization) name, department name, job title, position, inquiry history, purchase history, and other information related to your inquiry. Please note that the party responsible for the management of such personal data shall be Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
Safety Management Measures
We will take necessary and appropriate safety management measures for the management of personal information, such as prevention of leakage, loss or damage. In addition, we will provide necessary and appropriate audit to employees and contractors (including subcontractors) who handle personal information.
About Usage of Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie is piece of information that enables interaction between the web server that manages a website and a customer's web browser. A cookie may be stored as a file on the customer's computer disk.
When a cookie is used, the web server can record information such as which computer visited which pages on the website. However, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. cannot identify an individual customer unless the customer enters his or her own personal information into the website.
(2) Web beacon
This technology, which functions with a cookie, enables the beacon owner to know how many times a customer accessed a particular page. However, unless the customer enters his or her own personal information when, or after, the cookie is accepted, Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. cannot identify an individual customer.
About Requests to Reveal Personal Information or Reception of Complaints
For customer personal information maintained by Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd., please carry out the following when requesting Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. to reveal, correct, add, delete, stop usage of, stop providing to a third party, or provide a purpose-of-use report for personal information (hereafter, collectively referred to as "reveal, etc."), or when sending a complaint:
- 1.For requests to reveal, etc., personal information provided by a customer to business staff of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.:
- Please contact the relevant business staff.
- 2.For requests to reveal, etc., personal information provided by a customer in a Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. website:
- Please contact the staff who manage the relevant home page.
- 3.For requests to reveal, etc., personal information other than for the above cases (1 and 2):
- For details on requests to reveal, etc., see
- 4.For complaints relating to Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.'s handling of personal information:
Enter the necessary details in the "Complaints Form Concerning Handling of Personal Information" and send it to the following address, or contact by "Inquiry Entry Form about Personal Information Protection" or telephone.
[Complaints Contact Location]
Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
13-9, Shiba Daimon 1-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8518 Japan
- To Download Complaints Form:
Complaints Form Concerning Handling of Personal Information
Request to Customers
- 1.Most of the services provided by Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. can be used without requiring customer personal information. However, please understand that some services cannot be provided unless the customer provides personal information to Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
- 2.Please understand that Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. is not responsible for the safety of personal information at websites of other companies which are linked to the website of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
- 3.It is assumed that the customer agrees to the contents of this "About Information Protection" document when the customer enters personal information into a Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. website. If the customer does not agree with this "About Information Protection" document, the customer may be unable to use some of the Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. services (including responses to inquiries, etc.).
- 1.The personal information protection policy of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. is based on Japanese law.
- 2.Showa Denko Materials Ltd. may modify this "About Information Protection" document as appropriate to accommodate improvements in the handling of personal information, or changes or additions to laws or other norms.
- 3.This "About Personal Information Protection" document goes into effect from the day it is published (including the update day).
- 4.If statements in this document are covered by individual regulations regarding personal information, those regulations take precedence.
Inquiries About Personal Information
To make requests to reveal, etc., personal information (excluding complaints), please use the "Inquiry Entry Form about Personal Information Protection".
- Personal information sent to the "Inquiry Entry Form about Personal Information Protection" below is not preserved by Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd., and is deleted when a reply is made to the inquiry.
Enactment date: 2005/04/01